Lesson Plan Day 17 English 102
- Complete OR Essay 1
- Essays back in +/- a week. Please don't ask until then.
- The Governor, here, talking about what we're reading.
- The front page of TODAY'S paper + others
- Options for essay two.
- Thomas Friedman and "The Other Side of Outsourcing"
- Assign one of ten flatteners.
Reading Schedule for The World is Flat week one
Please have through the pages listed prior to class on that date.
January 31: first half of While I Was Sleeping
Feb 1st: Second Half of While I Was Sleeping
Feb 2nd: One chapter from "Ten Forces that Flattened the Earth" assigned in groups.
Feb 4th: The Great Sorting Out first half
Feb. 5th: The Great Sorting Out second half
Feb. 6th: America and Free Trade
Feb 8th: The Untouchables
Feb 9th: The Right Stuff
Feb 10th: The Quiet Crisis
Feb 11th: This is Not a Test
Feb 12th: How Companies Cope
Feb 13th: The Unflat World
Feb 14th: 11/9 versus 9/11