English 102 Winter 2011 Day 11
1. Bonus Points this week—Library, Diversity Series, MLA Workshop
2. Comments on blog.
3. Tiger Mom creates a firestorm.
4. Work back: Sarah C, Rachel J and Kristy P are the last 100%ers.
5. How was making your own quiz?
6. Comments on the weekend reading.
7. Let’s put the tables on the boards again.
8. Warming Up: Exploring Ideas
a. Talking and Listening
b. Annotating Texts
e. Freewriting—5 minutes on how you see your topic addressing the needs of Education in globalized world. 5 minutes on what points it misses.
f. Asking Journalist's Questions
9. Basic essay structure.
10. Structure for an “argument” essay with variations.
11. Homework: In any chapter, but especially the articles from this weekend, The Right Stuff and The Quiet Crisis, Find 10 quotes in Friedman that could apply to your topic.
12. Rough Draft due January 24th.
13. Tomorrow in class: Thesis statements and Intros.