English 102 Winter 2011 Day 8
1. Check the blog for snow days other than school announced (very, very rare).
2. Library workshops starting.
3. Wednesday bonus points: Open Mic Allied Arts 7pm (5000 Lincoln Ave—Gilbert Park)
4. Homework: Read TWIF “The Quiet Crisis”
Write: A ten question quiz (5 True/False and 5 Multiple Choice) over "The Right Stuff" (please provide a key)
5. Debate debrief
a. Did anyone argue against what they believed?
b. What were the big points?
c. Logos, Ethos, Pathos
6. Where do good ideas come from?
7. The Writing Process—C1
i. Assess the situation.
ii. Exploring ideas
iii. Formulating a tentative thesis
iv. Sketching a plan
i. Introductions and thesis
ii. Revising and editing sentences
i. Layout and format.
v. Academic formatting
8. Assessing the writing situation
c. Purpose and Audience
d. Length and format
e. Reviewers and deadlines
9. Warming Up: Exploring Ideas
a. Talking and Listening
b. Annotating Texts
f. Asking Journalist's Questions
10. Organization for a persuasive essay.