Here's the article that started the fury.
Readers Freak Out: Here.
NYTimes Debate here.
David Brooks: Amy Chua is a Wimp
from Tiger Mom
Here are some things my daughters, Sophia and Louisa, were never allowed to do:
- attend a sleepover
- have a playdate
- be in a school play
- complain about not being in a school play
- watch TV or play computer games
- choose their own extracurricular activities
- get any grade less than an A
- not be the #1 student in every subject except gym and drama
- play any instrument other than the piano or violin
- not play the piano or violin.