English 102 Winter 2011 Day 45
3. Bonus points?
a. Science Lecture (march 9th)
4. Tourism from yesterday’s paper.
5. Final draft due Thursday.
a. NARROW= Supportable/researchable.
b. BROAD= Temptation, but this essay is about making hard choices.
c. Easy thesis: We can create more AW’s by doing A, B and C.
d. CA: practical? costs? other ideas are better? government intrusion?
i. Definitions from the books of the obstacles are highly encouraged.
ii. Examples of the problems from the books are highly encouraged.
iii. Examples/Definitions of the solutions from the book are highly encouraged.
1. These keep your paper narrow and specific and help you avoid the axe to grind, biased, unsubstantiated claims.
iv. Examples of solutions from the Yakima Valley are Golden.
6. Angela Whitiker’s Climb—slideshow.
7. Brooks’ Human Capital (CM Social Capital).
8. How do we increase our skills in these areas?
9. Some suggestions with discussion.
10. Juan Peralta slideshow and discussion.
11. Tomorrow, MLA information on N&D’d and CM.