English 102 Winter 2011 Day 24
1. Bonus Points?
2. Notes on your essays. Part of a sample essay that will make it all better.
3. Homework: Read “No Degree, No Way Back to the Middle Class” in Class Matters.
4. Bring 5 articles related to your topic from web/print sources.
5. Email the links to five articles to email@example.com. (five points)
6. Make 10 notecards (3x5 work best) with quotes from Friedman (America and Free Trade, The Untouchables, How Companies Cope, This is Not a Test will be your best bets) that relate to your topic and 10 notecards with quotes from your articles that relate to the ideas in TWIF. (20 points)—each five additional notecards are worth one bonus point.
7. In topic groups on Giant stickies:
Put the topic you are interested in at the top.
List the categories of “Untouchable” jobs that will be created/needed in the valley by this flat world change.
List the rules of “How Companies Cope” that your choice of topic should be following in order to compete in the new flat world.