On Friday, we will meet in C206 for an in class writing assignment.
It will be worth 30 points towards your prewriting grade.
You can bring books, notes and an outline, but not a completed essay.
You should also bring some way to save the essay for later use.
In-class writing for Friday:
According to Class Matters:
- on the surface, class is less of an issue,
- while in reality the divisions between classes run deeper than ever.
- And, this is unlikely to change.
In your own words,
- explain why there is a difference between our perception of class and the reality
- and explain why the divisions between classes is or is not likely to change.
- Then use evidence from "Shadowy Lines" and examples from "15 Years on the Bottom Rung" to support your argument.
Answer the question as completely as possible.
Read the question carefully.
Use direct quotes from the books to support your points.
Consider a quick outline before you start writing.