Monday, January 26, 2009

Works Cited

Your Works Cited List

The works cited list should appear at the end of your essay. It provides the information necessary for a reader to locate and be able to read any sources you cite in the essay. Each source you cite in the essay must appear in your works-cited list; likewise, each entry in the works-cited list must be cited in your text.
Here are some guidelines for preparing your works cited list.

List Format

Basic Rules for Citations

Books


 

Author(s). Title of Book. Place of Publication: Publisher, Year of Publication.

Book with one author

Henley, Patricia. The Hummingbird House. Denver: MacMurray, 1999

4 comments:

Dave said...

A helpful resource, thanks for the post!

Jonathan said...

Here's a great Web site for making a works cited list:

http://easybib.com/

It does pretty much everything for you if you have trouble with MLA or if you're just a little lazy like me!

Unknown said...

The Diana Hacker manual has been a great tool for my essay. I was having some difficulties with the works cited but I reviewed the book and was able to fix my problem.

scott said...

IM still not sure if I did all my siteing correctly. im worried about my papers mla format 20% of the grade